Grilling up veggies sounds boring, right? But have you tried grilling up a Cauliflower Steak? Cauliflower is a blank canvas begging for some flavor. It’s actually really easy, but impressive to serve. This is a low calorie, low fat (depending on your oil and topping choices), delicious veggie side that will be a staple in my house!
Grab a head of cauliflower. Take the outer leaves off. Cut downward into 4 slices (about 2 inches width). Keep the outer two for another night, and use the inner two for the steaks.
Just before you put them on the grill, brush them with oil that has a splash of white wine vinegar (or you can add a splash of fresh lemon or lime). Then sprinkle on a mixture of granulated garlic, onion, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Put the spiced side down on the grill and close the grill for about 5 minutes. Then do the same on the other side for another 5 minutes. And that’s it folks. Grilled Cauliflower Steaks.
You can play with the spices to match your meal and your taste. You might even get that picky eater to eat a vegetable. Hope you enjoy!
I also grilled up some skinless chicken breast, and served it over the cauliflower steak with a drizzle of low fat ranch dressing.
Prep time: 5 minutes – Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated cayenne
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 drops (1/2 of teaspoon) white vinegar or lemon or lime
- Take the outer leaves off the cauliflower
- Cut straight down the cauliflower into 4 slices
- Hold the outer slices for another night
- Mix the oil and vinegar in one bowl
- Mix the spices in another bowl
- Heat the grill to about 400
- Just before you’re ready to grill, brush the cauliflower with oil on one side and sprinkle that same side with the spices
- Place the oiled/spices side down on the grill for about 5 minutes (moving it around a bit so all of that side gets a good char
- Repeat with the other side
- Serve and enjoy