Chicken Legs ARE delish, but the skin just ads senseless fat. Some say that’s where there flavor is – well, then they don’t know how to add flavor. This is my skinless chicken leg recipe that has SO much flavor, it’s almost a crime.
- Skinless chicken legs (1-2 per person) [note: if you can’t find skinless, remove it yourself]
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup no (or low) sugar ketchup
- 1/4 cup sriracha sauce (optional – adds heat)
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Chopped chives
- Metal baking sheet
- Preheat over to 350
- Whisk together all the ingredients (except for the chicken) in a bowl.
- Put foil on a baking sheet and then the chicken
- Pour 2/3 of the sauce over the chicken (try to cover both sides by turning the chicken)
- End with the meatier side of the chicken facing down
- Bake for 40-45 minutes
- Turn the chicken over and pour the rest of the sauce over it
- Heat the oven to 425 and bake for 10-15 minutes (keep an eye on it so it doens’t burn past the bottom bone)
- Take it out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes, then serve, top with chives
I paired this with baby sweet potatoes topped with fat free sour cream and chives, and a side of peas. Can I give my self a pat on the back? This was SO good and easy! I hope you enjoy it. If you make it, please drop me a line and comment on it.
Note: The honey will caramelize on the baking sheet, so get ready to soak it overnight if you don’t line the pan with foil.