When you think herbs, veggies, cheese and eggs, you think omelette, right? Well, I’m not that big of a fan of omelettes, but I do love sunny side up eggs. The ooey gooeyness of a runny golden egg yolk makes me happy. So, this is a combo of the best of both worlds. This is a versatile recipe that you can change the ingredients using the same prep and cooking style. So, grab whatever you have in the fridge and make this!
- A few bowls (one large, a few medium, 2 small)
- Fry pan
Servings: 2 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- Diced green herbs (I used chives)
- 2-3 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter (or real butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup part-skim milk shredded mozzarella cheese (or cheese of choice)
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Dice up an onion and pepper and saute them in a little I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter over medium heat, about 3-5 minutes
- Remove from heat and put the onions/peppers in a bowl to cool
- Wipe the pan clean to use later
- Chop up a chive into small pieces and set aside
- Get a large bowl and 2 small bowls
- Crack open an egg over the large bowl and separate the whites from the yolk by moving the yolk from one side of the shell to the other several times until the whites fall into the bowl.
- Place the yolk into a small bowl.
- Repeat separating another egg. Put all yolks into separate small bowls.
- In the whites’ bowl, fold in the herbs, sautéed veggies, and cheese. Do not use a whisk.
- In the same fry pan, heat up butter
- Add the whites’ mixture, separating into two
- Place one egg yolk into each whites’ mixture
- Fry a few minutes until the whites cook and the cheese melts (and how hard you want the yolk)
I served this over potatoes. I had a little extra herbs, veggies and cheese, so I added that to the potatoes. Yum!