Here’s a fun way to make your morning eggs. An Egg Cloud is fluffy, light and airy. Eggs are so flavorful that you can eat them plain, or you can add more flavor with cheese, veggies, or herbs. I made these plain, but feel free to personalize yours.
Servings: 2 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 3-5 minutes
- Large bowl
- 2 small bowls (or cups)
- Fry pan
- 2 mold rings (or you can use a cleaned out can of tuna)
- 1-2 spatula(s)
- Oven mitt
- 2 eggs (1 egg per person)
- Cooking spray
- Pinch of salt
- Get a large bowl ready, and small bowls for each egg you’re making (1 egg per person)
- Separate egg yolk from egg white (crack egg, open egg over a large bowl, move the yolk from one side of the shell to the other several times until all the whites fall into the bowl)
- Put the egg yolk in a separate bowl.
- Repeat for each egg, and put egg yolks in individual little bowls or cups. One bowl/cup per yoke.
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites.
- Using a whisk, whisk the egg whites until you see stiff peaks (this takes a few minutes. You might want to have a cup of coffee while you’re doing this to keep your strength up.)
- Heat up a fry pan
- Put the round molds in the fry pan and spray with cooking spray (use a lot of spray)
- Add 1/4 of the whipped egg whites in each mold
- Add a yoke on top of each whites
- Top each with the rest of the whites
- Cook a few minutes on one side
- Using 2 spatulas (or 1 spatula and an oven mitt) carefully flip the mold/eggs over to cook the other side for a few minutes
- Using a spatula, remove the mold/eggs from the pan and place on a plate
- Remove the mold (if the egg sticks to the mold, run a butter knife around the egg against the mold to separate)
I paired the eggs with hash browns, but you can eat the egg plain or on toast.